Successfully deploying multimedia services and applications in mobile environments requires adopting an interdisciplinary approach where multimedia, networking and physical layer issues are addressed jointly. Content features analysis and coding, media access control, multimedia flow and error control, cross-layer optimization, Quality of Experience (QoE), media cloud as well as mobility management and security protocols are research challenges that need to be carefully examined when designing new mobile media architectures. We also need to put a great effort in designing applications that take into account the way the user perceives the overall quality of the provided service.
Within this scope, MobiMedia is intended to provide a unique international forum for researchers from industry and academia, working on multimedia coding, mobile communications and networking fields, to study new technologies, applications and standards. Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge and practice in the integrated design of efficient technologies and the relevant provision of advanced mobile multimedia applications.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Application and Multimedia/channel coding paradigms, including for example joint source and channel coding paradigms, scalable video coding, wireless and ad hoc network solutions, ciphering and authentication.
- Networking and transmission mechanisms including for example transport and network protocol solutions, cross-layer techniques, rate control and adaptation mechanism for video delivery, impact of mobility and heterogeneous networks in multimedia delivery, p2p content delivery and medical cloud.
- Multimedia services, business models and concepts, including for example new business models and service concepts, trust and security paradigms for multimedia delivery, test beds and experimentation platforms for multimedia.
- Special track 1: Next Generation Communications and Networking Technologies , including for example RAN and mobile backhaul, Energy-efficient green communications, Mobile/wireless content distribution,and Next-generation access networking.
Special track 2: Data Mining in Social Multimedia, including for example Application of social network analysis, Application of social network mining, Social media advertisement algorithms and applications,Recommendation systems in social multimedia,Data mining in mobile communication, and Large scale image, video and audio mining.
Special track 3: Video Transmission Mechanism over Wireless Networks, including for example Cross-layer-based video transmission technique, Protocols and algorithms design for distributed video transmission, Rate control and adaptation transmission mechanism for video delivery, Cloud-based video delivery, and Energy efficiency analysis for wireless video transmission.
Special track 4: Security and Digital Forensics of Mobile Multimedia Networking and Communications (SDFMMNC), including for example Mobile multimedia cryptography, steganography, cryptanalysis, and steganalysis, Mobile multimedia watermarking, fingerprinting, identification, Multimedia network protection, anonymity, privacy, and security,Multimedia forensics, Video surveillance,Privacy and security of wearable devices, and other related topics.
Proposals should provide a focused lecture on new and emerging topics within the scope of the conference. Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to:
- Prof. Kun Hua, Lawrence Technological University, USA
- Dr. Dalei Wu, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Prof. Qing Yang, Montana State University
Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
Full details of submission procedures are available here.
All accepted paper will be published by ACM.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to publish in the following journals:
- Full Paper Due 22 February 2015
- Tutorial Proposal 01 February 2015
- Acceptance Notification 25 March 2015
- Camera‐ready Due 12 April 2015